Saturday, December 8, 2007

An Opposition Government

I try not to show too much bias in my comments, but I'm so incensed by what I've just seen on the Conservative Party website that I feel entitled to give them all the criticism in the world.

Please follow this link, and tell me what you see: http://www.conservative.ca/

Here's what I see:

One small smiling Stephen Harper in the banner and FIVE huge photo-engineered Stéphane Dions.

A headline reading : DION'S YEAR OF HERO-ICS, a sidebar of multimedia negative ads, and two "reality check" articles at the bottom of the page outlining all the bad things Stéphane Dion has done for Canada as Leader of the Opposition.

Finally, a link to the Not A Leader.ca website created by the Conservative Party to warn Canadians about the dangerous Frenchman Dion. The website is complete with Kyoto's Dog Blog, which is so indescribably vicious and unethical that I won't even comment on it.

I'm sorry, but this is no way to lead a country. The website of the governing party should be about the future. It should show Canadians its accomplishments and explain how it will build on them to bring a better future. Yet in this entire website, all we see is the opposition; all we see is Stéphane Dion.

But actually, forget about leading a country. The bottom line is that this is no way to be acting in society.

Let me ask Stephen Harper this question: "Would you be confortable showing Kyoto's DOg Blog to you children?"

I think that says it all.

No comments: